Join CROC for another summer session of kayak (or canoe) orienteering at Scappoose Bay. (Yes, many of the controls float!) No boat? No problem. Scapoose Bay Kayaking (our event site) has kayaks and canoes for rent; PFDs (aka life jackets) are part of your rental fee. While reservations are not necessary, they do recommend you contact them ahead of time so they can put a boat aside for you.
- Registration 10:30 am - 12:45 pm
- Beginner clinics 11:00 am - 1:00 pm as needed
- Course starts 11:00 am - 1:00 pm
- Courses close 3:00 pm
All CROC orienteering events are put on by volunteers, and the meet director can almost always use some extra hands.
Please keep in mind:
- No prior experience is needed for many of the tasks
- You can still run your course of choice and help out
- Your entry fee is FREE if you help out with a meet!
Typical ways to assist are: helping with starts and finishes, checking in folks at registration, and picking up control flags after the course closes.
Please contact the meet director at the email address on the bottom of this page if you'd like to help out with this event.
For more details, see the volunteer pages.
Registration and other costs
- The event is open to the public.
- Beginners are welcome at all CROC events. Beginner orienteering clinics are taught as needed.
- If you join CROC at this event, ($15 individual, $20 family/group annual membership), your event fee is FREE! Ask about this at meet registration.
- If you volunteer for this event, your event fee is FREE also.
All participants must register and sign the liability waiver before entering the course.
The Columbia River Orienteering Club charges are:
- $8 - individual (non-member)
- $12 - group (non-member, going out using one map)
- $6 - individual (club member)
- $10 - group (club member, going out using one map)
- $1 - extra copy of color map
- $1 - compass rental
- $1 - epunch rental
Each participant or team receives a course map and a control description sheet.
All teams must check out through the course finish gate before leaving the park, even if the team does not finish the course or returns after the course closes.
Results - Will be posted here a few days after the event
Click here for photos from the event.
Meet director: Anna Ashby