Join CROC's annual warm clothing drive and keep warm yourself with a brisk winter orienteering meet at Memorial Park in Wilsonville. Your entry is free with a clothing donation of a jacket, sweater, blanket or similar item.
Electronic punch (E-punch) scoring will be used. E-sticks are available to rent for $1.
Beginners are welcome at this and all CROC events. Free beginner clinics will be offered as needed to get you started with confidence.
- Short: 1.3 Km. Try this if you are new to orienteering or want some quick exercise.
- Sprint course: 3.3 Km. "Sprint" is orienteering-speak for a course with lots of control points (15 on this one) with mostly on-trail navigation. The course rambles all over this very interesting park. Running is optional.
- Registration 10:30 am - 12:45 pm
- Instruction Clinics 11:00 am - 1:00 pm as needed
- Course starts 11:00 am - 1:00 pm
- Courses close 2:30 pm
All teams must check out through the course finish gate before leaving the park, even if the team does not finish the course or returns after the course closes.
ORIENTEERING MAP FROM PREVIOUS EVENT
See a map of this location here. Opens Google Drive in a new browser tab
All CROC orienteering events are put on by volunteers, and the meet director can almost always used some extra hands. Please keep in mind:
- No prior experience is needed for many of the tasks
- You can help out AND still run your course of choice
- Your entry fee is FREE if you help out with a meet!
Typical ways to assist are: helping with starts and finishes, checking in folks at registration, and picking up control flags after the course closes.
Please contact the meet director at the email address on the bottom of this page if you'd like to volunteer at this event. For more details, see the Get Involved pages.
The team time will be posted to the Events & Results page a few days after the event.
REGISTRATION AND OTHER COSTS
The event is open to the public. Bring a warm clothing donation for free entry. Note: If you join CROC at this event, ($15 individual, $20 family/group annual membership), your event fee is also free. Participants must register and sign the liability waiver before entering the course. Each participant or team receives a course map and a control description sheet.
The Columbia River Orienteering Club event fees are:
- $8 - individual (non-member)
- $12 - group (non-member, going out using one map)
- $6 - individual (club member)
- $10 - group (club member, going out using one map)
- $1 - extra copy of color map
- $1 - compass rental
- $1 - e-punch rental
MAP AND DIRECTIONS
Meet director: Teri Smith