Due to a conflict with a large running event on the same day at the park, this event is CANCELLED
Come out and enjoy orienteering on the varied terrain of this large riverside park. McIver State Park is a 1,680-acre park with many miles of trails winding along the Clackamas River, near Estacada, OR. The park is very accessible, yet large enough to give participants a feeling of "getting out there." There is a nice mix of paved paths, open fields, and wooded areas. The terrain is both flat and hilly.
Electronic punch (E-punch) scoring will be used. E-sticks are available to rent for $1.
Beginners are welcome at this and all CROC events. Free beginner clinics will be offered as needed to get you started with confidence.
- White: Beginner (about 2 Km, 8-10 controls, easy, on-trail and near-trail navigation)
- Yellow: Beginner/ Intermediate ((about 3 Km, 10-12 controls, easy, on-trail and near-trail navigation)
- Orange: Intermediate (about 4 Km, 12-14 controls, some off-trail, mostly on-trail navigation)
- Green: Advanced (about 6-7 Km, 20+ controls, mostly off-trail navigation
- Registration 10:30 am - 12:45 pm
- Instruction Clinics 11:00 am - 1:00 pm as needed
- Course starts 11:00 am - 1:00 pm
- Courses close 2:30 pm
All teams must check out through the course finish gate before leaving the park, even if the team does not finish the course or returns after the course closes. Courses: One course of your own design.
Orienteering map from previous event
See a map of this location here. Opens Google Drive in a new browser tab
All CROC orienteering events are put on by volunteers, and the meet director can almost always used some extra hands. Please keep in mind:
- No prior experience is needed for many of the tasks
- You can help out AND still run your course of choice
- Your entry fee is FREE if you help out with a meet!
Typical ways to assist are: helping with starts and finishes, checking in folks at registration, and picking up control flags after the course closes.
Please contact the meet director at the email address on the bottom of this page if you'd like to volunteer at this event. For more details, see the Get Involved pages.
The team time will be posted to the Events & Results page a few days after the event.
Registration and other costs
The event is open to the public. Note: If you join CROC at this event, ($15 individual, $20 family/group annual membership), your event fee is FREE! Ask about this at meet registration. All participants must register and sign the liability waiver before entering the course. Each participant or team receives a course map and a control description sheet.
The Columbia River Orienteering Club event fees are:
- $8 - individual (non-member)
- $12 - group (non-member, going out using one map)
- $6 - individual (club member)
- $10 - group (club member, going out using one map)
- $1 - extra copy of color map
- $1 - compass rental
- $1 - e-punch rental
These fees do not include any extra daily use fee charged by the park. You must pay these separately. Oregon State parks charges $5 for day use, $30 for a 12 month pass and $50 for a 24 month pass. Directions: See link below for map and directions
Meet director: TBA
Map and directions
- From Portland City Center, go to Clackamas on I-205.
- Take Hwy 224 east to Estacada.
- At the east end of town, take a right onto Hwy 221, Woodburn-Estacada Hwy. (This will be a bridge over the Clackamas River.)
- In 1 mile, turn right onto S Hayden Road.
- In 1.2 miles, turn right onto S Springwater Road.
- In 0.7 miles turn right onto S Entrance Road to the park.