Some links we like . . .
Clubs and Organizations
- Orienteering USA - This newly updated site is a wealth of information for beginning orienteers as well as those wishing to get info on the state of clubs across the US.
- The International Orienteering Federation (IOF) - The international body governing the sport.
- Cascade Orienteering Club - Based in Seattle, hosts events primarily in the Puget Sound region.
- The World Of O - Everything orienteering. Perhaps the largest O-site on the interent. You could spend days searching the sites listed here. Use the Yahoo-style search engine to find clubs, individuals, or major events.
- OCAD Mapping Software - One of the most popular software packages used to create Orienteering maps.
- O-training.net - a relatively new site with some very nice training and at home practice resources.
- International Specification of Orienteering Maps - making an orienteering map? Look here first.
- 12-24 hour orienteering races over small scale maps. Teams of two or more battle the long hours and heavy eyelids. Make it back to the Hash House in time for Fetuccini Alfredo and a pint of beer. Oh, and yes, if you're late one minute, they dock you points.
- International Rogaining Federation
- US Rogaining Event Calendar
- Top Ten Rogaine Tips (written by CROC members John Godino and John Bartholemew)
- Australian Rogaining Association
- Cross Country Ski Areas Association
- World of Cross Country Skiing
- Oregon Nordic Club
- Teacup Lake Nordic Club
- Mt. Hood Meadows Nordic Center
- OUSA Ski Orienteering page
Mountain Bike Orienteering
- British Trail Cyclists Association - mountain bike orienteering site
- OUSA Mountain Bike Orienteering page
Outdoor Rec Sites
- Mazamas - Climbing and hiking club based in Portland OR
- Pacific Northwest Adventure Racing
- Trails Club of Oregon - hiking and other outdoor activities
- Outdoors NW magazine (NW travel, sports medicine, cycling, running, and other outdoor pursuits)
- A really cool map folding web page...
- Going on a long adventure or just a long hike? Here's a good "Ten Essentials" list to pack.
- Before going on a long outdoor journey anywhere, be sure to leave this trip itinerary form with friends and family.