Join CROC's annual warm clothing drive and keep warm yourself with a brisk winter orienteering meet at Memorial Park in Wilsonville. Your entry is free with a clothing donation of a jacket, sweater, blanket or similar item. Clothing will be donated to a local charity after the event.
Electronic punch (E-punch) scoring will be used. E-punch sticks will be provided free to all participants who make a clothing donation.
Beginners are welcome at this and all CROC events. Free beginner clinics will be offered as needed to get you started with confidence.
- Beginner: about 2 Km. For those new to orienteering, easy to find controls near major features.
- Intermediate: 3-4 Km, visit the whole park.
- Advanced: 4-5 Km, visit the whole park, includes more devious/creative control locations.
- Registration 10:30 am - 12:45 pm
- Instruction Clinics 11:00 am - 1:00 pm as needed
- Course starts 11:00 am - 1:00 pm
- Courses close 2:30 pm
All teams must check out through the course finish gate before leaving the park, even if the team does not finish the course or returns after the course closes.
ORIENTEERING MAP FROM PREVIOUS EVENT
See a map of this location here. Opens Google Drive in a new browser tab
All CROC events are put on by volunteers, and the meet director can almost always use some extra hands. Please keep in mind:
- No prior experience is needed for many of the tasks
- You can help out AND still run your course of choice
- Your entry fee is FREE if you help out with a meet!
Typical ways to assist are: helping with starts and finishes, checking in folks at registration, and picking up control flags after the course closes.
Please contact the meet director at the email address on the bottom of this page if you'd like to volunteer at this event. For more details, see the Get Involved pages.
The team time will be posted to the Events & Results page a few days after the event.
REGISTRATION AND OTHER COSTS
The event is open to the public. Bring a warm clothing donation for free entry. Note: If you join CROC at this event, ($20 individual, $25 family/group annual membership), your event fee is also free. Participants must register and sign the liability waiver before entering the course. Each participant or team receives a course map and a control description sheet.
Without a clothing donation, fees for this event are:
- $17 - individual (non-member)
- +$5 - any additional persons in your group
- kids under 10 are free
- youth groups / scout groups: $10 per team
- subtract $5 for CROC (or other O-club) members
- subtract $5 for using your own epunch
MAP AND DIRECTIONS
Meet director: Teri Smith