Lacamas Park is a large wooded area near Camas, WA. It features a small area of dense trails, a beautiful series of waterfalls, cascades and potholes, and a larger network of fire roads and trails through fairly dense forest.
- Registration 10:30 am - 12:45 pm
- Instruction Clinics 10:45 am - 12:00 noon as needed
- Course starts for individuals and teams anytime between 11:00 am - 1:00 pm
- All courses close 3:00 pm
All teams must check out through the course finish before leaving the park, even if the team does not finish the course or returns after the course closes.
- Beginner (about 2 Km, 8-10 controls, easy, on-trail and near-trail navigation)
- Adv. Beginner (about 3 Km, 10-12 controls, easy, on-trail and near-trail navigation)
- Intermediate (about 4 Km, 12-14 controls, some off-trail, mostly on-trail navigation)
- Advanced (about 5 to 6 Km, mostly off trail navigation)
Each participant or team receives a course map and a control description sheet.
All CROC orienteering events are put on by volunteers, and the meet director can almost always used some extra hands. Please keep in mind:
- No prior experience is needed for many of the tasks
- You can help out AND still run your course of choice
- Your entry fee is FREE if you help out with a meet!
Typical ways to assist are: helping with starts and finishes, checking in folks at registration, and picking up control flags after the course closes.
Please contact the meet director at the email address on the bottom of this page if you'd like to volunteer at this event. For more details, see the "Get Involved" pages.
Results are posted to the “Events & Results” page a few days after the event.
Registration and other costs
The event is open to the public. Note: If you join CROC at this event, ($15 individual, $20 family/group annual membership), your event fee is FREE! Ask about this at meet registration. All participants must register and sign the liability waiver before entering the course. Each participant or team receives a course map and a control description sheet.
The Columbia River Orienteering Club event fees are:
- $8 - individual (non-member)
- $12 - group (non-member, going out using one map)
- $6 - individual (club member)
- $10 - group (club member, going out using one map)
- $1 - extra copy of color map
- $1 - compass rental
- $1 - epunch rental
Meet director: Glen Cafferty email@example.com
Map and Directions
- From I-5 north in Vancouver WA take exit 1A to merge onto WA-14 E toward Camas
- After 12 miles, take exit 12 for WA-14 toward Camas/Business Loop
- Take a slight right at NW 6th Ave
- After 1.3 miles turn left at NE Garfield St
- Take a left at NE 14th Ave
- Take the second right onto WA-500 W/NE Everett St
- Park is on the right 1 mile ahead