Through the generosity of CROC member Ken Wenzel, we are happy to offer the unusual orienteering experience of meet on rural, privately owned farmland near Aloha-Farmington. Ken’s land is a mix of open fields, rough open with scattered trees, some denser patches of forest, and an occasional labyrinth of trails through some solid walls of blackberries. (Hint - thorn-resistant long pants are highly recommended!) Expect a few Easter themed control points.
- - Registration 10:30 am - 12:45 pm
- - Instruction Clinics 11:00 am - 1:00 pm as needed
- - Course starts 11:00 am - 1:00 pm
- - Courses close 2:00 pm
All teams must check out through the course finish gate before leaving the event, even if the team does not finish the course or returns after the course closes.
Approximately 20 controls over about 3 km.
The team time is posted on the CROC web site a couple of days after the event.
Registration and other costs
The event is open to the public. Note: If you join CROC at this event, ($15 individual, $20 family/group annual membership), your event fee is FREE! Ask about this at meet registration.
All participants must register and sign the liability waiver before entering the course.
The Columbia River Orienteering Club charges are:
- - $8 - individual (non-member)
- - $12 - group (non-member, going out using one map)
- - $6 - individual (club member)
- - $10 - group (club member, going out using one map)
- - $1 - extra copy of color map
- - $1 - compass rental
- - $1 - epunch rental
Each participant or team receives a course map and a control description sheet.
Meet director: Ken Wenzel