This meet is the third (of four) in CROC's Summer Classic Series. Click here for current standings and information about the series.
Lacamas Park is a large wooded area near Camas, WA. The area features a complex network of canyons and spurs, with a beautiful series of waterfalls, cascades and potholes; some open rocky places, and an extensive trail network. The sound of rushing water can be heard throughout the park, and you may encounter a deer or two.
If this is your first time orienteering, welcome! Free beginner clinics are offered as needed at this event to teach you everything you need to know..
Electronic scoring (e-punch) will be used on all courses. Learn more about e-punch here.
Intermediate Skills Workshop - Matching Map to Terrain
In this workshop participants will practice matching contour lines, linear features and symbols on the map to the hills, vegetation boundaries and buildings on the ground. There will be three exercises done in groups, pairs or singly.
Intermediate skills workshops are for people who want to up their skills beyond the Experienced Beginner level. Meet at the registration area at 10:00; no additional fee for the workshop. After the workshop you will have time to do your course of choice.
- Intermediate skills workshop 10:00 am - 10:45 am
- Registration 10:30 am - 12:45 pm
- Beginner clinics 10:45 am - 12:00 noon as needed
- Intermediate workshop: Contours - 10:00 to 10:45 am
- Course starts anytime between 11:00 am - 1:00 pm
- ALL COURSES CLOSE at 3:00 pm
All teams must check out through the course finish before leaving the park, even if the team does not finish the course or returns after the course closes.
- White: Beginner (about 2 Km, 8-10 controls, easy, on-trail and near-trail navigation)
- Yellow: Beginner / Intermediate (about 3 Km, 10-12 controls, easy, on-trail and near-trail navigation)
- Orange: Intermediate (about 4 Km, 12-14 controls, some off-trail, mostly on-trail navigation)
- Green: Advanced (about 5 to 6 Km, 15-20 controls, mostly off trail navigation)
For the advanced courses, wearing long pants or running tights is highly recommended.
All CROC orienteering events are put on by volunteers, and the meet director can almost always used some extra hands. Please keep in mind:
- No prior experience is needed for many of the tasks
- You can help out AND still run your course of choice
Typical ways to assist are: helping with starts and finishes, checking in folks at registration, and picking up control flags after the course closes.
Please contact the meet director at the email on the bottom of this page if you'd like to volunteer at this event. For more details, see the Volunteer pages.
Results are posted to the Events & Results web page a few days after the event.
Registration and other costs
Note: If you join CROC as a new member (not a renewal) at this event, ($20 individual, $25 family/group annual membership), your event fee is FREE! Ask about this at event registration. All participants must register and sign the liability waiver before entering the course.
Payment is by cash or check only; credit/debit cards are not accepted.
Fees for this event are:
- $7 - individual
- +$5 - any additional persons in your group
- +$5 - not an orienteering club member
- +$5 - epunch rental
- Scout or youth groups - $10 per team
There is no entry charge for using the park.
Meet director: Sue Grandjean
The park area is north of Camas, WA; east of Washington SR 500/SE Everett Rd. Drive over the bridge between Round Lake and Lacamas Lake and turn right on 35th Ave, then left into the gravel parking lot. See map below.
Latitude longitude coordinates of event: 45.6055, -122.4058
Copy and paste these latitude longitude coordinates (in decimal degree format) into Google maps or your smart phone to get a map and driving directions to the event.